In a car accident case, an injured victim is entitled by law to recover for his “damages”. An auto accident lawyer in Atlanta GA should be ready to explain to an insurance company and to a jury why your damages are what he claims them to be.
When a person suffers an injury in an automobile-related accident, there are two types of damages that the person can recover:
- Special Damages
- General Damages
When looking for an auto accident lawyer in Atlanta GA, keep the two types of damages in mind as it is important to ensure you recover everything you are justly owed. Our auto accident lawyers bring different perspectives and come from different backgrounds. Those differences enable us to think about a case, and the damages that our clients have suffered, in a different way . Our auto accident lawyers will also engage in a diligent investigation while maintaining constant communication with our clients. We understand that the aftermath of an automobile accident can bring hardships.
What are Special Damages?
Special damages, also called economic damages, include compensation for monetary losses that a victim suffered because of the auto accident. These damages can include the following:
- Property that is damaged in the accident
- Reimbursement of any past and/or future medical costs related injuries caused by the accident
- Reimbursement for past and/or future wages lost as a result of the accident
If you’re searching for an auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA is proud to have taking care of its community, make sure to find a firm that prepares cases for trial. Your case may settle before a lawsuit ever gets filed, but you want a lawyer who you know can take it to trial.
What are General Damages?
General damages, also called non-economic damages, include compensation for non-monetary losses a car wreck victim suffered in an auto accident. Part of our investigation is meeting with “damages witnesses” who can testify as to how our client has been affected by the crash. That testimony goes to the general damages that our client has suffered. As an auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA trusts, we aim to deliver first-class service, advice, and advocacy. General damages can include:
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and physical discomfort that arises from injuries caused by an auto accident (this can also include emotional and/or psychological trauma)
- Loss of consortium, meaning a spouse becomes injured in the accident, and as a result, their partner loses physical companionship (this can also include, and does not necessarily only mean, a sexual relationship)
- Loss of enjoyment of life, meaning your injuries could cause an inability to enjoy your daily activities, and other hobbies and pleasures of life you once enjoyed
- Disfigurement and scarring
So, how doers “Damages” play a role in finding the right auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA trusts?
As Atlanta auto accident lawyers at Butler Tobin, we are proud to offer a free consultation. We aim to treat each and every one of our clients with the utmost compassion and respect. Our years of experience handling auto accidents in Atlanta and across the state have honed our skills. If you’re looking for an excellent auto accident lawyer Atlanta GA offers, talk with us for free. Call us at (404) 587-8423 or email us using our online form or chat box.